Local Place Holder
Magnetic Separation Technology
Mineral Technologies designs, manufactures and supplies the Reading range of magnetic separators which includes: wet high intensity, induced roll, rare earth roll, rare earth drum, low intensity and medium intensity magnetic separators.
Wet High Intensity Magnetic Separator (WHIMS)
The WHIMS range includes 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 and 48 poles with either 68 or 120 millimetre rotor separation matrix widths. WHIMS separators are suitable for applications requiring higher magnetic field gradient to remove weak magnetic particles from non-magnetic concentrates. Nominal capacities range from 6 to 150 tonnes per hour.
- Recovery of ilmenite, garnet, chromite and monazite into the magnetic fraction and rutile, leucoxene and zircon into the non-magnetic fractions from mineral sands suites
- Magnetic gangue removal from cassiterite, tungsten ores, glass sands and a variety of industrial mineral products
For WHIMS separator sales worldwide please view our reference list.
Induced Roll Magnetic Separators (IRMS)
Reading induced roll and semi-lift induced roll magnetic separators are available with 2 starts, single or twin-pass configuration in 133 or 160 millimetre roll diameter, 760 or 1000 millimetre roll width and nominal capacities of up to 12 tonnes per hour. Pilot roll laboratory scale separators are available in both induced roll and semi-lift induced roll configurations.
- Removal of ilmenite from rutile concentrates
- Final magnetic cleaning of zircon
- Differentiation of ilmenite to produce feedstock for synthetic rutile production
- Removal of iron contamination from glass sand and iron mineral from industrial products
- The semi-lift roll has been designed to treat middlings and non-magnetic products from induced roll and crossbelt magnetic separators in the mineral sands industry
For IRMS separator sales worldwide please view our reference list.
Rare Earth Magnetic Separators (RERMS & REDS)
The rare earth magnetic separator range achieves the most effective dry separation of paramagnetic minerals at high throughput rates. The range includes Rare Earth Roll (RERMS) and Rare Earth Drum (REDS) Separator configurations.
- Production of ilmenite concentrate based on Ti02/Fe203 ratios
- Upgrading staurolite and garnet into magnetics and production of zircon into non-magnetics
- Production of silica/glass sands
- Rejection of magnetic impurities from precious gem stone concentrates
- Reduction of iron bearing contaminates from granular feed stocks
- Recycling, food processing, pharmaceutical and abrasive industries
For Rare Earth Magnetic separator sales worldwide please view our reference list.
Low and Medium Intensity Magnetic SeparatorsReading low and medium intensity wet and dry drum magnetic separators can be used for the removal of more highly susceptible magnetic particles in dense medium and other processing circuits.
Mineral Processing Solutions
- Gravity Separation, Distributors & Launders
- Electrostatic Separation
- Centrifugal Jig
- Magnetic Separation
- Shaking Tables
- Mineral characterisation & separation testwork
- Bench & pilot scale testing
- Density fractionation by heavy liquid separation & pycnometry
- Metallurgical data evaluation & production of bulk mineral concentrates
- Process flowsheet design
- Process plant engineering
- Equipment commissioning & training
- Process improvement & optimisation
- Equipment servicing & spares