Throughout the process, several design innovations delivered cost savings which reduced CAPEX without compromising performance. These included:
- bolting the pontoon structure to minimize construction time, and
- utilizing 3D design software to identify material cost savings whilst maintaining efficiencies in plant access.
Specific characteristics of the Snapper deposit required utilization of the latest process technology. A key component was Mineral Technologies’ innovative surge bin design which delivers a constant flow during process stages. Two mass flow surge bins were integrated to provide stable feed to the rougher spirals and to reduce the effects of feed grade variability. The technology package also included the MD MG6.3 spirals, specifically selected for their superior performance on the Snapper ore body.
- Mineral Technologies delivered fully integrated solution
- Plant design utilised latest 3D drafting techniques
- Scale up design from pilot plant testwork to full scale operating plant
- Smart design reduced CAPEX
- Plant Performance exceeds expectation