Plant construction was undertaken by a local Indian company. Mineral Technologies provided members of its process engineering team to commission the plants and fine-tune the process for optimum grade and recovery.
Wet Concentrating Plant
The Wet Plant incorporates rougher and middling’sscavenger spiral circuits todiscard tails followed by a cleaner spiral circuit and an upstream classifier. Additional spiral circuits were specified to clean the Sillimanite from the overflow and separate the Garnet. A flotation circuit was also specified to make a high grade sillimanite concentrates. The mineral process delivers very high grade mineral concentrate, Sillimanite and Garnet for further upgrading by electrostatic separation methods.
Dry Mineral Separation Plant
The process flowsheets specified dry mining methods to feed the first stage of mineral separation. Feed preparation incorporates a large grizzly screen hopper (to remove tramp oversize such as plant matter and boulders) and a trommel to screen material at approximately 4.0mm followed by a surge bin to collect the undersize at 350TPH.
Process Equipment Technology
Mineral Technologies supplied:
- MG6.3 spirals for the rougher spiral circuit
- HG10 spirals for the cleaner spiral circuit
- Carrara electrostatic high tension rollers
- Carrara electrostatic plate separators
- Reading rare earth drums
- Reading induced roll magnets
- Holman-Wilfley wet shaking tables
- One of the largest mineral separation plants for heavy minerals from beach sands on the Indian sub-continent
- Unique plant design separates 5 minerals – Ilmenite, Rutile, Zircon, Garnet and Sillimanite
- World’s largest capacity plant producing Sillimanite and Garnet
- Mineral Technologies delivered fully integrated solution